- Shipped first wire completely fabricated in STI's Austin facility -
- Increased customer requests for Conductus wire -
- Met product requirements for low temperature application -AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Superconductor Technologies Inc. ("STI") (Nasdaq:SCON), a world leader in the development and production of high temperature superconducting (HTS) materials and associated technologies, has successfully completed the installation of its equipment suite required for production of Conductus ® 2G HTS wire at its Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence facility in Austin during the fourth quarter of 2012 as planned. At this time all 2G HTS wire pilot production equipment is operational and in various stages of process implementation. All three machines required for production of Conductus 2G HTS wire are operational and achieving expected functional milestones.
- The IBAD system, delivered in April 2012, has completed process implementation. It is now being used in full production and achieving record results as of January 2013.
- The SDP system, delivered in November 2012, has also completed initial process implementation. The initial pilot production runs of 50 meter lengths and 10 centimeter widths were completed in early February 2013.
- The RCE-CDR system, delivered in December 2012, has been installed with first process run completed in February 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV