The impact of foreign exchange rates is highly variable and difficult to predict. We use a constant currency basis to show the impact from foreign exchange rates on current period revenue compared to prior period revenue using the prior period's foreign exchange rates. In order to properly understand the underlying business trends and performance of our ongoing operations, we believe that investors may find it useful to consider the impact of excluding changes in foreign exchange rates from our revenue.
We believe that presenting the non-GAAP financial measures used in this release provides investors greater transparency to the information used by our management for financial and operational decision-making and allows investors to see our results "through the eyes" of management. We also believe that providing this information better enables our investors to understand our operating performance and evaluate the methodology used by management to evaluate and measure such performance.
Non-GAAP financial measures have limitations as analytical tools and should not be considered in isolation or as a substitute for our financial results prepared in accordance with GAAP. Some of the limitations associated with our use of these non-GAAP financial measures are provided below:
- Management exercises judgment in determining which types of charges or other items should be excluded from the non-GAAP financial measures used.
- Items such as the acquisition-related costs, federal investigation legal and accrued indemnification costs, the license agreement termination charge and the litigation charge and related interest that are excluded from net income and net income per share can have a material impact on cash flows, GAAP net income and net income per share and reflect economic costs to us that are not reflected in non-GAAP adjusted net income and non-GAAP adjusted net income per share.
- Depreciation and amortization expense, while not requiring cash settlement, are ongoing and recurring expenses and have a material impact on GAAP net income and reflect economic costs to us that are not reflected in Adjusted EBITDA.
- The decrease in the valuation allowance against the deferred tax assets represents a change in the value of assets. The benefit associated with this change in value is not included in our non-GAAP adjusted net income or non-GAAP adjusted net income per share.
- Revenue growth rates stated on a constant currency basis, by their nature, exclude the impact of foreign exchange, which may have a material impact on GAAP revenue.
- Non-GAAP financial measures are not based on any comprehensive set of accounting rules or principles and therefore other companies may calculate similarly titled non-GAAP financial measures differently than we do, limiting the usefulness of those measures for comparative purposes.
CONTACT: The Spectranetics Corporation Guy Childs, Chief Financial Officer (719) 633-8333 INVESTOR CONTACTS Westwicke Partners Lynn Pieper (415) 202-5678 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV