Swift Energy Company (NYSE: SFY) announced today earnings from continuing operations of $11.2 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, or $0.26 per diluted share, a 46% decrease when compared to fourth quarter 2011 earnings from continuing operations of $20.7 million, or $0.48 per diluted share, and an increase of 259% when compared to earnings of $3.1 million in the third quarter of 2012.
Adjusted cash flow (cash flow before working capital changes, a non-GAAP measure - see page 9 for reconciliation to the GAAP measure) for the fourth quarter of 2012 decreased 8% to $91.4 million, or $2.13 per diluted share, compared to $99.4 million, or $2.33 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter 2011, and increased 28% when compared to adjusted cash flow of $71.2 million, or $1.66 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2012.
Swift Energy produced 3.11 million barrels of oil equivalent (“MMBoe”) during the fourth quarter of 2012, a 15% increase over fourth quarter 2011 production, and an 8% sequential increase compared to third quarter 2012 production of 2.87 MMBoe.
Oil and natural gas proved reserve estimates at year-end 2012 of 192.1 MMBoe were 20% higher than 2011 year-end proved reserve estimates of 159.6 MMBoe. Crude oil and natural gas liquids comprised approximately 48% of year-end 2012 proved reserves, up significantly from the approximate 36% of total proved reserves at year-end 2011. This record level of year-end proved reserves for the Company is primarily due to its 2012 drilling program in the liquids rich portions of its South Texas core area.Terry Swift, CEO of Swift Energy, commented, “The Company continued transitioning its production volumes to higher margin crude oil and natural gas liquids production. During the fourth quarter, total liquids production increased 20% over fourth quarter 2011 levels and made up 53% of fourth quarter production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV