PHOENIX, Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Many parents in America are considering higher education to not only help them get ahead in the workplace, but to also set a good example for their children. According to a recent survey from University of Phoenix®, parents are twice as likely as non-parents (60 percent compared to 30 percent) to consider going back to school.
Parents who have plans to head back to school cite salary (60 percent), personal achievement (51 percent) and the desire to make their family proud (46 percent) among the primary factors in deciding if they want to go back to school. Eighty-one percent of parents believe a degree is important in today's job market.
"It is never too early or too late for either a parent or a child to realize the importance and value of earning a post-secondary education," said Dr. Meredith Curley, Dean of the College of Education at University of Phoenix. "The University has always been dedicated to providing the access to education that is needed by working adults with families. Evening classes, flexible scheduling, curriculum that reflects the workplace, campus and online classes and the ability to enroll throughout the year, are some of the things that make it possible for adult learners to thrive in the classroom."Do as I Say … And As I DoNearly four-in-ten (39 percent) parents in America say demonstrating to their children the importance of higher education is key to the decision to earn their own degree. Perhaps this is why two-thirds (66 percent) of Americans with children say they are currently or will take an online class to advance their careers compared to 38 percent without children. Despite today's difficult economic climate, nearly nine-in-ten (88 percent) parents say they will encourage their children to pursue a college degree immediately after high school – either full-time or part-time while they work.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV