H&M And Global Green USA Celebrate The Launch Of The H&M Garment Recycling Program
"H&M is investing in this ground-breaking clothing recycling program and we are proud to partner with Global Green USA to launch this initiative, says H&M spokesperson Marybeth Schmitt. "We believe this program will really make an impact in reducing the amount of clothing that ends up in landfills all over the world and we are excited that, at the same time, we will raise funds for Global Green USA to continue their great work."
Global Green USA, the American affiliate of Green Cross International, will be the sole U.S. beneficiary for the H&M garment recycling program. The funds raised through the program will in part help to support their on-going work in the areas of green building as well as rebuilding communities that have suffered from the impacts of climate change, sea level rise, and environmental degradation, such as those devastated by hurricanes Katrina and Sandy. The organization has influenced more than $20 billion dollars for green building projects and educates millions of people about climate friendly solutions through its annual Red Carpet/Green Cars Oscars campaign.
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (publ) was founded in Sweden in 1947 and is quoted on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. The company's business concept is to offer fashion and quality at the best price. In addition to H&M, the group includes the brands COS, Monki, Weekday and Cheap Monday, as well as H&M Home. The H&M Group has approximately 2,800 stores in 48 markets including franchise markets. In 2011, sales including VAT were SEK 128,810 million and the number of employees was more than 94,000. For further information, visit www.hm.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV