Aerovironment Incorporated Stock Upgraded (AVAV)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- AEROVIRONMENT INC has improved earnings per share by 30.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AEROVIRONMENT INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.37 versus $1.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.46 versus $1.37).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 32.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.59 million to $8.74 million.
- AVAV has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.98, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 48.10% is the gross profit margin for AEROVIRONMENT INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.88% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 171.29% to $22.56 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AEROVIRONMENT INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.72%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts