World Record Attempt Opens To The Public
READING, England, February 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
How a young British entrepreneur is opening up the 'longest banner' world record to the public.
24 Year Old James Ackroyd is attempting to create a unique advertising opportunity by commercialising a Guinness world record. His 55.5km, $700,000 banner will prove that some records can be bought, while drawing awareness to 6 different charities.
And it could be coming to a street - make that a motorway - near you soon. When advertisers buy one of the sqm slots for $30, they vote for which country they would like to see the banner in. It's like Eurovision - only this time the biased voting is perfectly acceptable.All they need to do is visit http://www.longestbanner.com, which was launched on February 12, and upload their preferred logo/text - it's that simple. Once the online banner is filled the physical banner goes into production using the collected funds to set up. On the record!
- The 55.5km vinyl banner will cost $700,000 and consist of 50,500 slots.
- Each 100cm x 100cm slot costs $30.
- According to the Guinness World Records, the existing world record for the longest ad banner is 55.4km and held by Rotary International in India.
- With each slot purchase, advertisers vote to determine in which country the banner will be unveiled.
- Advertisers then choose one of six charities to receive a $100,000 donation once the banner is complete.
- The website links advertisers to a one-click vector conversion site. Vector images can be scaled up to any size without losing their quality.
- There's a built in bidding system allowing printers to submit their quotes. The best will become the official producer and have their name solely associated with printing the banner.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV