"This new capability showcases IBM's execution in our strategy to help clients incorporate security into their infrastructure and solutions from the design, development and testing phases rather than leaving security to become an afterthought," said Caleb Barlow, Director of Application, Data and Mobile Security, IBM. "It also aligns with the IBM MobileFirst strategy by empowering organizations with confidence to aggressively evolve and seize the business potential that mobility promises."
New capabilities to IBM AppScan Source 8.7 for iOS include:
- Support for US Federal Government Requirements: Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) and use of a FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic module.
- 40,000 Mobile Security APIs Supported: IBM Security Research conducted a comprehensive analysis on the iOS Software Development Kit (SDK) to include coverage of APIs that might introduce security risks. The API profiles have been added to the IBM AppScan Source Security Knowledgebase and tied to the analysis engine. Combined with the research conducted on the Android SDK, IBM AppScan Source has researched and characterized the security risk of approximately 40,000 mobile APIs.
IBM AppScan Source 8.7 for iOS is planned for release on March 25th.
About IBM SecurityAppScan is part of IBM's portfolio that provides the security intelligence to help organizations holistically protect their people, data, applications and infrastructure. IBM offers solutions for identity and access management, security information and event management, database security, application development, risk management, endpoint management, next-generation intrusion protection and more. IBM operates one of the world's broadest security research and development, and delivery organizations. This comprises 10 security operations centers, nine IBM Research centers, 11 software security development labs and an Institute for Advanced Security with chapters in the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific. IBM monitors 15 billion security events per day in more than 130 countries and holds more than 3,000 security patents.For more information on IBM security, please visit: www.ibm.com/security. About IBM MobileFirstAs the first new technology platform for business to emerge since the World Wide Web, mobile computing represents one of the greatest opportunities for organizations to expand their business. Based on nearly 1,000 customer engagements, 10 mobile-related acquisitions in the last four years, a team of thousands of mobile experts and 270 patents in wireless innovations, IBM MobileFirst offers an array of solutions that helps businesses connect, secure, manage and develop mobile networks, infrastructures and applications. To learn more, visit the IBM MobileFirst press kit or http://www.ibm.com/mobilefirst. Follow @ibmmobile, #ibmmobile on Twitter, and see IBM MobileFirst on YouTube, Tumblr and Instagram. Contact(s) information John ConnollyIBM Media Relations(781) 636-8512 email@example.com Tod FreemanIBM Media Relations(415) 320-5893 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE IBM
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts