CSC has reached a definitive agreement with a consortium comprising ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation (“CTC”) and ITOCHU Corporation for the sale of CSC’s Enterprise Systems Integration (ESI) unit, a reseller of enterprise hardware and software and a provider of maintenance services with operations in Malaysia and Singapore, for $90 million in cash.
This transaction, representing CSC’s fourth divestiture within the last four months, furthers CSC’s transformation strategy to rebalance its portfolio of services.
"The sale of ESI marks our continued realignment of company assets with our strategy of leading the next generation of technology solutions and services including cybersecurity, big data and cloud computing," said CSC President and CEO Mike Lawrie. "We are focusing our attention on high-value solutions for clients in Singapore, Malaysia and other parts of Southeast Asia."
In fiscal 2012, ESI’s revenue was approximately $180 million with mid-single digit operating margins. ESI’s results will be recast as discontinued operations. ESI’s results had been previously reported within CSC’s Business Solutions & Services sector.The transaction is expected to close in March 2013. About CSC For more information, please visit CSC’s company profile. Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for CSC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV