JERSEY CITY, N.J.
Feb. 20, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- GETCO Holding Company, LLC ("GETCO") and Knight Capital Group, Inc. (NYSE: KCG, "Knight") today announced the management team of the new public company that will own GETCO and Knight upon completion of their pending transaction. As previously disclosed, the combined firm will be led by
, Chief Executive Officer of GETCO.
Thomas M. Joyce
, currently Knight's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, will serve as Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors.
"The senior management team that we are announcing today possesses the expertise to successfully integrate our two organizations, develop new and innovative products and, most importantly, serve the needs of our clients across multiple asset classes and time zones," Mr. Coleman said. "We are fortunate to have a strong team of senior managers at both Knight and GETCO. We appreciate the significant leadership contributions from both organizations, and look forward to working with the new management team."
The following appointments are expected to comprise the new management team for the combined firm (to take effect as of the closing of the transaction):
- Steven Bisgay – Chief Financial Officer
- Jerry Dark – Chief Human Resources Officer
- John DiBacco – Global Head of Equities Trading
- Albert Maasland – Head of Global Execution Services and Platforms
- Darren Mast – Chief Operating Officer; Interim Head of Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities
- John McCarthy – General Counsel
- Farid Moslehi – Head of Asia
- Nick Ogurtsov – Chief Risk Officer
- Jon Ross – Chief Technology Officer
- Robert Smith – Head of Europe
- George Sohos – Global Head of Client Market Making
The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2013, subject to Knight stockholder and GETCO voting unitholder approval, registration of the shares to be issued in the mergers with the Securities and Exchange Commission, listing of the shares on the New York Stock Exchange, additional regulatory approvals, and the satisfaction of other customary closing conditions. GETCO and Knight will continue to operate as separate companies until the transaction closes.