Ventures job income was $8 million, down $5 million, or 38%, primarily related to refinancing costs at the EBIC ammonia plant in Egypt.
Fourth quarter of 2012 corporate general and administrative expense was $59 million. 2012 corporate general and administrative expense of $222 million, which includes $20 million related to the company’s ERP system, was lower than KBR’s guidance due to continued focus on prudent cost management.Fourth quarter of 2012 labor cost absorption expense was $22 million due to under absorption of KBR’s centralized engineering resources. Total cash provided by operating activities in the fourth quarter of 2012 was $153 million. The effective tax rate for the fourth quarter of 2012 was approximately 20%. During the fourth quarter of 2012, KBR had share repurchases of $4 million, capital expenditures of $22 million, pension contributions of $7 million, and quarterly dividend payments of $15 million for total cash deployment of $48 million. Full Year 2013 Guidance
- 2013 earnings per diluted share guidance is between $2.45 and $2.90.
- KBR was awarded a contract by Kentucky Utilities, a subsidiary of PPL Corporation, to provide engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services for the installation of air emissions control systems at its Ghent Generating Stations in Ghent, Ky. KBR’s EPC contract is valued at approximately 80% of Kentucky Utilities’ approximate $600 million investment for the addition of air emissions controls at its Ghent plant.
- KBR, through a joint venture with Jubail-based AYTB signed a seven-year contract to provide refinery maintenance services for the Saudi Aramco Total Refining and Petrochemical Company (SATORP) at a new 400,000 bpd refinery in Jubail, Saudi Arabia. The contract value is in the approximate range between $140 million and $170 million, depending on services.
- KBR was selected by GDF SUEZ Bonaparte Pty. Ltd., operator of the Bonaparte LNG project, to execute floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) production vessel design work for its project offshore Darwin, Australia. The award also pre-qualifies KBR as a contender for the engineering, procurement and construction delivery phase of the project.
- KBR was awarded a contract to execute front-end engineering and design (FEED) for an Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) project near Jazan Economic City, Saudi Arabia. The IGCC complex will convert vacuum residue to electricity and utilities for a local refinery and export 2.4 Gigawatts of electricity to the Jazan Economic City and the surrounding region.
- KBR was awarded the Mansuriya Full Field Development contract to perform front end engineering and design studies and Quality Control Support Services (QCSS) for the Turkish Petroleum Overseas Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Turkish Petroleum Corporation, in Diyala Province, Republic of Iraq.
- KBR was awarded two contracts for Syncrude Canada Ltd. to execute module fabrication and field construction for its Fluid Fine Tailings – Centrifuging Full Scale Plant in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. KBR Canada subsidiary, KBR Industrial Canada, Co., as the General Contractor, will provide constructability, module fabrication and construction services.
- KBR Building Group has been awarded a contract to construct The Acadia at Metropolitan Park, a 411 unit mixed-use, residential building in Arlington, Va. The Acadia will be the third building to be constructed in the multi-phase Metropolitan Park development.
- KBR was selected as one of the prime contractors on the Enhanced Army Global Logistics Enterprise (EAGLE) program issued by the U.S. Army Materiel Command. As a prime contractor, KBR will have the opportunity to submit bids on individual task orders issued by the U.S. Army.
- KBR was awarded the Joint Operational Fuel System contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD). KBR will supply the MOD with fuel-handling equipment which will be used on operations and in support of military exercises worldwide for an initial two-year period.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts