MARCO ISLAND, Florida, and HILDEN, Germany, February 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Streamlined and automated NGS workflow will offer many features required to enable routine use in clinical applications
- Building on strengths in Sample & Assay Technologies to create an integrated NGS ecosystem with sample processing, genomic testing and bioinformatics
- New consumable products address critical workflow challenges, expanding QIAGEN's portfolio of "universal" solutions for use on any NGS system
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) today provided new insights into its next-generation sequencing (NGS) initiative, unveiling an innovative sample-to-result NGS workflow designed to enable the routine use of this breakthrough technology beyond life sciences research in areas such as clinical research and diagnostics.
QIAGEN's NGS workflow - an ecosystem of products and services to offer automated processes from primary sample to digital result - is being presented to customers this week at the 14th annual Advances in Genome Biology and Technology (AGBT) meeting in Marco Island, Florida.
"Next-generation sequencing is making a transformational impact on life science, but challenges are limiting more widespread adoption for clinical purposes. We are pleased with the progress of our NGS initiative to create a complete portfolio of products and services to make this breakthrough technology more effective, robust and scalable for areas such as clinical research and diagnostics," said Peer M. Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN. "The development of our complete sample-to-result workflow is a key achievement in our initiative to offer a seamless integration of new NGS platforms with high-quality reagents, molecular testing content and services.""We are leveraging our core expertise with new and existing QIAGEN products to develop the solutions needed for adoption of NGS technologies in new areas beyond basic research," said Dr. Dietrich Hauffe, Senior Vice President, Life Sciences Business Area at QIAGEN. "We are planning to begin placing NGS workflows with selected customer groups during 2013. We expect NGS to complement established molecular technologies, particularly real-time PCR, and to become an important contributor to QIAGEN's leadership in Sample & Assay Technologies." The adoption of NGS in fields such as clinical research and diagnostics has been hampered for a number of reasons, particularly workflow challenges that become more pronounced in clinical settings due in part to the increased number of samples being processed. Other challenges include manual sample preparation processes, delays caused by batching samples to achieve cost-efficient runs, and the speed and quality of data analysis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV