As discussed below, fourth quarter 2012 total direct operating expenses decreased $4.1 million, or approximately 17 percent, to $20.2 million, or $14.19 per BOE produced, compared to $24.3 million, or $16.14 per BOE produced, in the third quarter of 2012.
- Lease operating expenses increased by $0.4 million to $6.6 million, or $4.68 per BOE produced, from $6.2 million, or $4.13 per BOE produced, in the third quarter due primarily to higher subsurface workover expenses in East Texas.
- Gathering, processing and transportation expenses decreased by $0.6 million to $2.5 million, or $1.78 per BOE produced, from $3.1 million, or $2.08 per BOE produced, in the third quarter due primarily to the divestiture of Appalachian assets in July 2012.
- Production and ad valorem taxes decreased by 41 percent to $2.7 million, or 3.6 percent of product revenues, from $4.6 million, or 6.1 percent of product revenues, in the third quarter due primarily to the divestiture of Appalachian assets in July 2012.
- General and administrative (G&A) expenses, excluding share-based compensation, decreased by $2.1 million, or 20 percent, to $8.3 million, or $5.82 per BOE produced, from $10.4 million, or $6.88 per BOE produced, in the third quarter due primarily to a $1.4 million decrease in restructuring costs as a result of higher costs in the third quarter related to the sale of our Appalachian assets and the closing of our Pittsburgh office.
Exploration expenses decreased by $1.9 million, or 20 percent, to approximately $7.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 from approximately $9.3 million in the third quarter due primarily to the divestiture of Appalachian assets in July 2012.
DD&A expenses increased by $5.1 million, or 10 percent, to $54.4 million, or $38.32 per BOE produced, in the fourth quarter of 2012 from $49.3 million, or $32.80 per BOE produced, in the third quarter due primarily to the continued transition towards higher cost oil versus gas wells, as well as the impact of negative natural gas reserve revisions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV