Our cash flow from operations before changes in working capital was $105 million for the fourth quarter 2012. We use our cash flow and available borrowing capacity in our credit agreement to fund our drilling and development programs and acquire producing properties.
|Three Months Ended||Years Ended|
|December 31,||December 31,|
|Cash flow from operations, GAAP||$||100,009||$||73,209||$||514,786||$||428,543|
|Net change in working capital||(2,621||)||64,551||(126,937||)||103,973|
|Non-recurring other operating items||8,000||(474||)||16,625||21,339|
|Cash flow from operations before changes in working capital and non-recurring other operating items, non-GAAP measure (1)||$||105,388||$||137,286||$||404,474||$||553,855|
(1) Cash flow from operations before working capital changes and non-recurring other operating items are presented because management believes it is a useful financial indicator for companies in our industry. This non-GAAP disclosure is widely accepted as a measure of an oil and natural gas company’s ability to generate cash used to fund development and acquisition activities and service debt or pay dividends. Operating cash flow is not a measure of financial performance pursuant to GAAP and should not be used as an alternative to cash flows from operating, investing, or financing activities. Non-recurring other operating items have been excluded as they do not reflect our on-going operating activities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV