The Board of Directors of RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: RNR) today voted to increase the Company's quarterly dividend to $0.28 per common share on its common stock, from $0.27 per common share.
The Company has increased its dividend during each of the eighteen years since its initial public offering. The dividend is payable on March 28, 2013 to shareholders of record on March 15, 2013.
In addition, the Board of Directors approved an increase in RenaissanceRe's stock repurchase program, bringing the total current authorization to $500 million. This authorization includes the remainder amounts available under prior authorizations. Under this program, RenaissanceRe may repurchase shares of its common stock in the open market or in privately negotiated transactions based on, among other things, its ongoing capital requirements and expected cash flows, and the market price of its common shares. The repurchase program does not have an established expiration date.
RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. is a global provider of reinsurance and
insurance. The Company's business consists of two reportable segments:
(i) Reinsurance, which includes catastrophe reinsurance, specialty
reinsurance and certain property catastrophe and specialty joint
ventures managed by the Company's ventures unit, and (ii) Lloyd's, which
includes reinsurance and insurance business written through Syndicate
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV