- Continued weak macro-economic conditions in Europe;
- Increased focus and investments throughout 2012 on longer-term service initiatives in multiple jurisdictions at the expense of near-term hardware and software features and customization projects that were reduced or delayed, which resulted in missed revenue opportunities;
- An increase in deferred revenue related to volume shipments made during the quarter to a new mix of customers in the Middle East and Africa. These shipments did not meet first quarter revenue recognition requirements;
- Lower than anticipated revenue from large Brazilian customers, as well as political and economic uncertainty in Venezuela, typically a strong market for VeriFone; and
- Several customers electing to delay major projects beyond the first quarter, as well as the cancelled Washington, D.C. taxi project.
VeriFone Announces Preliminary Financial Results For The First Fiscal Quarter Of 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.