During the fourth quarter of 2012, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group reported leasing and management revenues of $132.6 million compared to $127.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2011 due to continued growth in the lease fleet and higher rental rates. In addition, the Group recognized revenue of $18.1 million in sales of railcars from the lease fleet during the fourth quarter compared to $29.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Proceeds from the sale of railcars from the lease fleet owned for more than a year at the time of sale totaling $31.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 and $42.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2011 are not included in revenue. Operating profit for this Group was $72.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to operating profit of $75.9 million during the fourth quarter of 2011. Included in the operating results for the fourth quarter of 2012 were $15.3 million of profit from railcar sales totaling $49.5 million compared to $18.4 million of profit from railcar sales totaling $71.9 million for the same period last year.
The Inland Barge Group reported revenues of $165.4 million compared to revenues of $149.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. The increase in revenues was due to higher volumes and a change in mix of barge types. Operating profit for this Group was $31.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to $39.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Fourth quarter 2011 operating profit included a gain of $17.0 million due to flood-related insurance settlements. During the fourth quarter of 2012, the Inland Barge Group received orders of $193 million, and as of December 31, 2012 had a backlog of $564 million compared to a backlog of $537 million as of September 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV