American Water Works Company Inc. (NYSE: AWK), the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, has announced that effective April 1, 2013, Susan N. Story will become its chief financial officer. Story is succeeding Ellen Wolf, who announced her retirement in January 2013.
“American Water is very pleased to have someone with Susan’s talent and diverse background joining our company as CFO,” said Jeff Sterba, president and CEO of American Water. “As the chief executive officer of both a well-respected energy company and a large support services organization, Susan has managed both the revenue and cost elements of a utility income statement for many years. Her depth of knowledge and experience overseeing complex financial systems, optimizing cost structures and strengthening internal controls will benefit our company and her strong customer-focused business approach will increase the capacity of American Water’s management team.”
Story brings more than 30 years of utility experience and knowledge to American Water. She is currently executive vice president of Southern Company, one of America's largest generators of electricity serving both regulated and competitive markets across the southeastern United States. In this capacity, she sits on the company’s management council and is president and CEO of Southern Company Services Inc., with responsibilities for functional support of all of Southern Company’s subsidiaries. Previously, Story served as president and CEO of Gulf Power Company, a Florida subsidiary of Southern Company. She is also an independent director of Raymond James Financial, a diversified financial services company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV