SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Imagine H2O, a nonprofit supporting entrepreneurship and innovation in the water sector, today announced a three-year philanthropic investment from Wells Fargo to expand its program offerings, including its annual business plan competition for water innovation and the Imagine H2O Accelerator Program, which helps participating entrepreneurs turn their plans into real-world solutions.
"Supporting entrepreneurial solutions to water challenges aligns with Wells Fargo's commitment to providing capital for clean technology companies," said Andrew Kho, head of Wells Fargo's Clean Tech Commercial Banking Group. "Imagine H2O is building an exciting accelerator for water solutions and we're eager to see the results of our more comprehensive, three-year commitment."
Since 2009, Wells Fargo has contributed hundreds of volunteer hours and funding to Imagine H2O's efforts to establish and run a global program for water startups.
Since its inception in 2008, Imagine H2O has:
- Attracted over 200 water startups from more than 15 countries to its competition program
- Provided over $1 million of in-kind services and cash awards to more than 25 new businesses
- Helped its portfolio companies attract over $15 million in investment from angel investors, venture capital funds and project finance funds
- Offered campus water entrepreneurship workshops to over 1,000 students
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV