PSAC Members Ratify New Agreement With Parks Canada
OTTAWA, Feb. 20, 2013 /CNW/ - PSAC members at Parks Canada have voted in favour of the tentative agreement reached Nov. 26, 2012.
The union negotiated two breakthroughs:
- a union-management committee to study and make recommendations on student employment issues built into the collective agreement
- a union-management committee to study agency policies contained in Article 6, including travel, isolated posts, uniforms and accomodation allowances.
The three-year agreement, which expires August 4, 2014, also provides across the board annual wage increases, and other monetary gains for some job classifications.
Other changes include:
- Volunteer and Personal Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Family-related Responsibility Leave
- Increased Benefit for Term Employees
- Military Service Recognized for Vacation Leave Credits
- Letter of Intent- Seasonal Extension
- Letter of Intent - Winter Watch at End of Navigation Season
- Severance Entitlements for Retirement and Resignation
- Enhanced Severance Pay in Situations of Lay-off based on Seniority
- Protection of Severance for Involuntary Departure
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts