Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, PLCB, Returns More Than $2 Million In Licensing Fees To Local Communities
HARRISBURG, Pa., Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board today announced the return of approximately $2.2 million in licensing fees to more than 1100 municipalities where licensees are located.
The PLCB oversees the regulation of more than 17,000 liquor licenses and permits statewide, including restaurants, clubs and beer distributors. As part of the annual license renewal or validation process, licensees and permitees pay a fee ranging from $125 to $700, based on the type of license and population of the municipality in which the license is located. As required by law, the PLCB returns the fees to those municipalities twice a year.
The current dispersal period represents fees paid from August 1, 2012, to January 31, 2013. In all, 45 cities, 413 boroughs and 643 townships received funds ranging from $50.00 to more than $1 million.
Established in 1933, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board regulates the distribution of beverage alcohol and also operates more than 600 PA Wine & Spirits Stores statewide. Taxes and store profits are returned to Pennsylvania's General Fund, helping to pay the cost of essential services such as education, health care, infrastructure and public safety. For more information about the Liquor Control Board, visit www.lcb.state.pa.us.Media contact: Stacy Kriedeman, 717-783-8864 Editor's Note: For the complete list of municipalities receiving fee distributions, visit: http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/cons/groups/externalaffairs/documents/form/001942.pdf SOURCE Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV