Enphase Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENPH) today announced the successful commissioning of a 902kW solar project using the Enphase Microinverter System at Strain Ranches in Arbuckle, Calif. The new solar system will power the commercial rice drying and storage of more than 50,000 tons of medium Calrose rice during its annual two-month harvest. North State Solar Energy of Forest Ranch, Calif. managed the installation of 3,760 Enphase microinverters and SolarWorld modules.
According to the California Rice Commission, California is the nation’s second largest rice producing state and contributes over $1.8 billion and 25,000 jobs to the state’s economy.
“We are ecstatic that our microinverters will power an agriculture site that contributes significantly to California’s economy,” said Bill Rossi, Chief Marketing Officer of Enphase Energy at a commissioning ceremony at Strain Ranches. “Solar integrators such as North State Solar Energy who recognize the efficiency and ease of use of microinverters can lead the wider adoption of solar as the leading renewable energy source.”
“Solar made sense for our rice drying and storage business because we wanted to reduce the inflation of our power bills and be able to charge a lower fixed rate to our customers,” said Dane Nissen, warehouse manager of Strain Ranches and fourth generation California rice farmer.“With Enlighten monitoring software, our team at North State Solar Energy can accurately report daily, weekly or annual energy generation of the entire system,” said Mike Houar, president of North State Solar Energy. The system has been generating energy since early January. According to Enlighten, the system has already generated 126MWh, which is 134% of estimated energy produced based on National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s PVWatts™ calculator.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV