Bulgarian Gov't Resigns After Violent Protests
While some were satisfied with Borisov's resignation on Wednesday, many people remained gloomy.
Given the severity of the economic problems, few expressed confidence that the governing party or the opposition Socialists will be able to remove their hardships.
"I am glad that this government resigned, but I do not want the Socialists to return to power," said Petar Hristov, a 38-year-old entrepreneur.
Support for Borisov's party has eroded to about 22 percent, similar to that for the Socialists, according to a recent opinion poll conducted by Gallup.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV