- More pepper spray owners own Mace brand pepper spray than all other brands combined (51% own Mace brand pepper spray)
- Almost eight out of ten users purchased the pepper spray for themselves.
- 71% of respondents said they purchased their pepper spray in the past year.
- 68% of female pepper spray owners said they bought it themselves; 32% said a spouse, family member or friend had purchased the pepper spray for them.
- 95% of male pepper spray owners said they bought it for themselves.
- 32% bought their pepper spray at a sporting goods store; 18% at a big box store; 15% at an outdoor products store; and 15% through an online retailer such as amazon.com or mace.com.
- 69% are satisfied with their pepper spray because it makes them feel safer or view the product as being effective.
- 48% of Generation Y (ages 18 – 31) pepper spray owners received it as a gift from a parent.
- 45% of Generation X (ages 32 – 47) pepper spray owners received it as a gift from a spouse.
- For 58% of Baby Boomers (ages 48 – 66), the pepper spray came from a friend or other family member.
A Recent Consumer Survey Found That 68% Of Female Pepper Spray Owners Said They Bought It For Themselves. Most Pepper Spray Owners Own Mace Brand Pepper Spray Than All Other Brands Combined. (Photo: Business Wire)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts