Harper Government Partners With AIR MILES Reward Program And YMCAs In Canada To Promote Healthy Living
HEALTHY LIVING: PUBLIC - PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS FOR HEALTHIER LIVING
Promoting physical activity for Canadian children and families Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including regular physical activity and healthy eating, play an important role in the health, well-being and quality of life of Canadian children, youth and families, and help to prevent chronic diseases like cancer, Type 2 diabetes and heart disease. The Government of Canada is advancing innovative, partnerships, particularly with the private sector, to create the conditions that will help children, youth and their families achieve and maintain healthy weights. In collaboration with the YMCA and the Air Miles Reward Program via its AIR MILES for Social Change activities, it will engage Canadian children, youth and families in activities and programs that address healthy living, physical activity and chronic disease prevention. The Public Health Agency of Canada will make up to $750,000 available over 18 months to support overall program design, the development of training plans, support materials, technology requirements, performance measurement and program evaluation, and marketing and implementation activities for use by the 15 participating YMCA locations in Alberta, Ontario and New Brunswick. Once it is in place, the project will:
- Encourage children, youth and their families to achieve health benefits through physical activity.
- Allow families to earn Air Miles reward miles in a variety of ways that encourage physical activity, such as registering their children for day camps, using participating fitness facilities or buying YMCA memberships.
The 15 participating YMCAs are the Calgary-based South Health Campus, Eau Claire, Crowfoot, Saddletowne and Shawnessy locations; the Ontario-based chapters in Oakville (Peter Gilgan Family YMCA), Brampton, Central, Markham (Ruth Bratty Centre), Mississauga, North York, Scarborough, West End, and Durham; and, in New Brunswick, the Moncton YMCA. SOURCE Public Health Agency of Canada
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV