1. As of noon trading, American Tower ( AMT) is down $0.37 (-0.5%) to $74.25 on light volume Thus far, 783,583 shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $74.21-$74.74 after having opened the day at $74.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.62. American Tower Corporation, a real estate investment trust, operates as a wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure company. It develops, owns, and operates communications sites. American Tower has a market cap of $29.7 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 42.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate American Tower a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates American Tower as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full American Tower Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the real estate industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate ( IYR) while those bearish on the real estate industry could consider ProShares Short Real Estate Fund ( REK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts