3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Non-Durables Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, Colgate-Palmolive Company ( CL) is up $0.83 (0.7%) to $112.74 on average volume Thus far, 640,273 shares of Colgate-Palmolive Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $111.95-$112.93 after having opened the day at $112.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $111.91. Colgate-Palmolive Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets consumer products worldwide. Colgate-Palmolive Company has a market cap of $52.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Colgate-Palmolive Company a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Colgate-Palmolive Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Colgate-Palmolive Company Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR ( XLP) while those bearish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts