3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Feb. 20
3. South Carolina small business is out $324,000 from Walmart. Tony McMillan, owner of TNT Trucking of Rock Hill, S.C., claims his business is in the hole for $324,000 over a job done for Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) that was never paid. Last fall, TNT Trucking, with 60 employees, hauled thousands of truckloads of dirt in and out of a new Walmart site in Chester, S.C., that he was never paid for, WSOC Charlotte reports.
McMillan filed suit last year against Walmart, DBS, the general contractor on the project and subcontractor Cape Fear Paving. Two other subcontractors have also filed suit.
The three companies have worked on Walmart stores in the past, with no issues, they tell WSOC, suggesting that there was not enough money budgeted, leaving the smallest contractors unpaid.
Walmart said it was not involved in the hiring of subcontractors for store-related projects; however, the company has "asked the developer to review the facts regarding the construction of our Chester store."-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV