The lesson plans and apps help students better understand some of the scientific concepts behind the THINK exhibit and inspire them to be innovators.
"The THINK lessons provide an engaging way to enable students to learn STEM concepts in a real-world context," said Danielle Miller, Astronomy and Physical Science Teacher at University High School in Florida. "The THINK app and lessons have made my students see the process of innovation in a way they never have before. THINK has helped my students become scientists."
Some of the THINK lessons include:
- THINK: The Process of Innovation – Provides an overview of the concept and process of innovation, using the THINK app
- Fight the Flu -- Introduces students to the science of epidemiology including factors associated with the spread and prevention of disease
The lessons are featured on Teachers Try Science, a free, critically acclaimed web site that provides middle and high school science educators with high quality lessons integrated with practical and engaging teaching techniques. The process of discovery used in the material encourages students to see, map, understand, believe and act on knowledge. More lessons will be released in Spring 2013.About INNOVENTIONS at EpcotINNOVENTIONS is located in the heart of Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Creativity and imagination abound as guests celebrate inspiration and the innovations that improve their lives and expand their horizons. Hands-on, interactive exhibits allow children and adults to be immersed into ideas that inform, entertain and inspire. For more information on INNOVENTIONS, visit www.innoventions.disney.com. For more information about the IBM THINK exhibit, visit:
- Citizen IBM Blog
- IBM Smarter Planet blog
- Twitter: Join the conversation at #IBM #THINK
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts