Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today launched the Genomic DNA ScreenTape, a prepackaged consumables device that works with the company’s 2200 TapeStation instrument to determine the quantity, size and quality of genomic DNA in less than two minutes per sample, using only one microliter of material.
“The automated 2200 TapeStation and new Agilent Genomic DNA ScreenTape address an important bottleneck and revolutionize the currently subjective quality assessment of genomic DNA,” said Dr. Donna McDade Walker, product manager for microfluidics at Agilent. “Within minutes of testing their genomic DNA samples, researchers can be confident that their starting materials are of the highest quality. This introduction demonstrates our commitment to expanding the range of automated sample QC tools for next-generation sequencing and workflows for array comparative genome hybridization.”
The quality of genomic data depends on the quality of the starting material. Therefore, it is imperative to determine whether samples contain a sufficient quantity of intact, high-quality genomic DNA before committing time, money and resources to a genomics experiment. The standard, manual method for assessing the quality of genomic DNA samples is laborious, can take several hours to complete and is prone to mistakes.
For more information about the new Agilent Genomic DNA ScreenTape, visit www.agilent.com/genomics/QCgDNA.About Agilent Technologies Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company’s 20,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.9 billion in fiscal 2012. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com. NOTE TO EDITORS: Further technology, corporate citizenship and executive news is available at www.agilent.com/go/news.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV