Touch screen technology is a staple in many of today’s electronics, but the haptic technology that drives touch screens suffers slow response times and large battery drains. Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS) developed the FAH4830 haptic driver to help designers overcome these challenges and enhance the end-user experience through excellent recognition and a user-friendly interface.
Haptic Driver Performance You Can Feel (Photo: Business Wire)
The FAH4830 haptic driver provides a touch sensation when a user interacts with a touch screen. The sensory interaction between the user and mobile device – such as tablets, PCs, medical devices, video games systems and smart phones – creates a more local effect and assures the user of a correct “point-of-touch” on the screen.
Offering direct driving capability of eccentric rotating mass (ERM) motors and linear resonant actuators (LRA), the FAH4830 driver enables a vibrating sensation on point-of-contact. The typical driver wake-up time of the device is <30µS which helps to reduce latency and provides a fast haptic response.
- Easy to implement, turn-key solution reduces bill of material (BOM) costs
- Low standby current (<500nA)
- Fast wake-up time
- Register based I 2C control for design flexibility
- Filter and gain control for reduced PWM noise
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV