NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon is ranked No. 1 on Training magazine's latest 2013 Training Top 125 rankings of companies that have the best training programs for their employees. This is the second consecutive time Verizon has achieved the top ranking and the 12th consecutive year the company has been named to the list. Verizon has been ranked in Training's Top 10 for four consecutive years.
The Top 125 rankings are based on several benchmarking statistics such as effectiveness, impact on the business, total training budget, percentage of payroll, number of training hours per employee program and workplace surveys.
Training magazine cited Verizon's implementation of Verizon Lean Six Sigma in 2012 as a key factor in the company's continued strong showing in the rankings. VLSS, which aims to improve the company's processes to help increase profitability and drive shareholder value, has already helped Verizon save several million dollars in just the first year of implementation.
"To be recognized at the top of Training magazine's rankings is both an honor and a reflection of the investment we have made as a company in our people," said Magda Yrizarry, chief talent and diversity officer at Verizon. "Having a highly trained and skilled workforce is good for our employees, customers and shareholders, and helps build strong leaders for the future across all of Verizon's business units."The publication also cited Verizon's innovative use of technology and social media e-learning tools to help further the learning and development of its employees. For example, more than 2,800 videos logging more than 2 million views have been posted by employees to the company's intranet video site, VZTube. The videos help employees show one another how they perform certain tasks or solve certain common problems, which enables an interactive viral learning setting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV