NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "People are our most important asset." Trite for sure; but true for many companies.
Consider Google (GOOG). Google is really just leased buildings and people. It doesn't have special access to capital, uniquely valuable real estate or state-of-the-art factories. Google wins when its employees consistently outperform their peers at Microsoft (MSFT) and Apple (AAPL). Good talent, effectively managed, is Google's only source of sustained competitive advantage.
But Google is not unique. For the vast majority of companies, real estate and salaries are their biggest costs. Isn't it strange that companies know so much about assets such as real estate and manufacturing, but know so little about their human assets?
Imagine a global head of manufacturing telling his CEO, "We really don't know if our manufacturing capabilities are improving year-over-year. In fact, we don't know what 'improving' means." Yet, that's what HR executives routinely tell their CEO. They don't know if the value of their human assets is improving; they don't even know what "improving" means.It's time to hold HR accountable for human assets. More specifically, for making sure that "their people outperform their competitors' people." This requires rigorous measurement and management in three areas:
- Key Position Performance
- High Performance Organization
- Executive Team Performance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV