This column originally appeared on Real Money Pro at 8:28 a.m. EST on Feb. 20.
NEW YORK (Real Money) -- All the market optimism surrounding rising retail fund flows into U.S. stock funds and heightened M&A activity brings us to a segment in my diary that I like to call Really!?! With Dougie (a takeoff on Really!?! With Seth & Amy, an old Weekend Update routine on "Saturday Night Live."
Really!?! Mr. Market?
So individual investors, after taking $400 billion out of domestic equity funds since 2007, have waited to buy into the U.S. stock market until January 2013 after the S&P 500 has more than doubled?Really!?! Retail investors? Really!?! And some of you bulls think stocks will rise because of a great rotation out of bonds and into stocks by the retail investor? Really!?! Bulls? Really!?!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV