SEATTLE, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Carl Allen has been named managing director of technical services for Horizon Air, sister airline of Alaska Airlines. Allen takes responsibility for the carrier's core engineering, technical service and fleet propulsion engineering, as well as its technical publications, maintenance and reliability programs. He is based at Horizon Air's Operations Center in Portland, Ore.
Allen is an industry veteran, having served 12 years at Alaska Airlines as well as at American Airlines and U.S-based aerospace manufacturer Pratt & Whitney, prior to joining Horizon. He most recently served as director of flight operations engineering for Alaska Airlines, overseeing aircraft performance, training support and fuel conservation, among other engineering responsibilities.
"Carl brings a solid, cross-divisional background in aviation engineering and collaborative leadership," said Yvonne Daverin, Horizon Air vice president of maintenance and engineering. "He's also a lifelong learner and adds a breadth of knowledge to the job from his education and work history in the industry."
Allen holds a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in aeronautics from the University of Michigan and Purdue University, respectively, as well as an MBA in technology and innovation management from Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma.Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together with its partner regional airlines, serves 95 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines has ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates North America Airline Satisfaction Study(SM) for five consecutive years from 2008 to 2012. For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines Newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom. SOURCE Horizon Air
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV