- Fourth quarter of 2012 results included approximately $12 million of pre-tax charges primarily related to restructuring activities and actions to improve future operating performance, and approximately $9 million related to non-cash asset impairment charges in the North American Retail Division.
- Excluding the restructuring and impairment charges (after tax), fourth quarter of 2012 net earnings, after preferred stock dividends, would have been approximately $1 million or zero cents per share.
- Fourth quarter of 2011 results included approximately $23 million of pre-tax charges primarily related to restructuring activities and actions to improve future operating performance. Fourth quarter of 2011 results also included a $24 million tax benefit related to the reversal of an uncertain tax position accrual and the release of a valuation allowance. Excluding charges and tax benefits, net earnings, after preferred stock dividends, would have been $8 million or $0.03 per share in the fourth quarter of 2011.
Office Depot Announces Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.