KBW analyst Fred Cannon late on Tuesday reiterated his "outperform" rating for Citigroup with a price target of $55.00, saying in a note that "this transaction would be $0.05/share accretive to our 2014 EPS estimate of $5.25, all else equal.
"We view this as a positive for C since it shows the company is investing in the North America cards business which is likely one of the highest returning businesses for the company," Cannon wrote. The analyst also said that "this deal should also help the company begin the process of slowly reversing the declining market share that the company had faced over the last several years."
-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla.
>Contact by Email.Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV