Quad/Graphics Chairman, President & CEO Joel Quadracci urges Congress to move swiftly to put the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) on a path to sustainability, noting that the $65 billion Postal Service is at the core of a $1.3 trillion mailing industry that provides family-supporting jobs for 8.4 million Americans, nearly 200,000 of whom live and work in Wisconsin.
Quadracci shared his insights on the importance of the U.S. Postal Service to private industry and the U.S. economy at the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee’s hearing on “Solutions to the Crisis Facing the U.S. Postal Service” on February 13. He was the only printer and member of private industry invited to testify.
“The Postal Service is the backbone for a large portion of the private sector and plays an integral role in our economy, extending across every type of mailer and the printing, paper and technology industries that supply them,” Quadracci said in written testimony provided in advance of the hearing. “These businesses support services in a marketplace that include cost-effective advertising, magazines, catalogs, e-commerce and prescription drug fulfillment, as well as what is still a huge amount of statements, bills and greeting cards, and an expanding package delivery segment.”
Quadracci believes ensuring the viability of the USPS is not a partisan issue and that Congress has the ability to not only save a proud American institution, but also support and promote a vibrant private sector.The businessman’s home state of Wisconsin is in a unique position with respect to meaningful postal reform as both its senators serve on the Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee. In fact, Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-Wisconsin) met directly with Quadracci following the hearing to better understand the importance of the Postal Service to the Wisconsin business community and the U.S. economy as a whole.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV