VENTURA, Calif. and MILAN, Italy, Feb. 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pirelli & C. Ambiente SpA and Clean Diesel Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:CDTI) (CDTi) today announced the signing of an agreement to form a joint venture company to market and sell emissions control products for both gasoline and diesel applications in Europe and the CIS countries. The new joint venture company, Eco Emission Enterprise Srl, will be located in Milan, Italy, and is expected to begin operations in March 2013.
Through the joint venture, CDTi and Pirelli aim to consolidate their leadership in supplying solutions to control polluting emissions for the on-road and off-road heavy and light duty markets, both in the Original Equipment and After Market segments. In addition, the two companies intend to enhance the synergies deriving from the joint venture through eventual joint initiatives. The agreement entails the supply to the joint venture of silicon carbide substrates by Pirelli & C. Eco Technology RO (Romania) and emission control solutions by CDTi. Eco Emission Enterprise Srl, which will have an international management team, will operate as the commercial arm for both partners on the European market.
"We take great pride in forming a strategic joint venture with Pirelli, a globally-renowned multinational company with leading technologies and products," said Craig Breese, Chief Executive Officer of CDTi. "The formation of the joint venture enhances our combined product portfolios and capabilities and aligns well with both companies' business development strategy. This agreement expands and enhances CDTi's presence in Europe and leverages Pirelli's longstanding OEM relationships and rich history as a global leader in the European market, making them the perfect partner for CDTi."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV