RICHMOND, Va., Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Brink's Company (NYSE: BCO) said today that, on February 18, an armed gang attacked a Swiss-bound plane at the airport in Brussels, Belgium, and stole an unconfirmed amount of diamonds, a portion of which was being shipped by Brink's. No injuries have been reported.
Brink's has a longstanding insurance program in place to cover its losses. The total loss exposure has not been verified, and the loss exposure for Brink's has not been disclosed. Brink's has notified all of its customers affected by the robbery, who will be reimbursed promptly for all confirmed losses.
While Brink's expects the loss to have a significant impact on its first-quarter earnings, the robbery does not materially affect its full-year profit forecast. As a result, the company reaffirmed the full-year financial outlook it provided on February 1, which called for a segment profit margin between 6.0% and 6.5% on organic revenue growth of 5% to 8%.
Brink's is working with customers and the authorities to resolve all outstanding issues relating to this incident as quickly as possible.About The Brink's Company The Brink's Company (NYSE:BCO) is the world's premier provider of secure transportation and cash management services. For more information, please visit The Brink's Company website at www.Brinks.com or call 804-289-9709. Contact: Investor Relations and Corporate Communications804.289.9709 SOURCE The Brink's Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV