"Our pledge to warfighters is to meet cost and schedule commitments on every program; to make smart use of technology to increase system performance and reliability, and to ensure, through intelligent, cradle-to-grave logistics, that they remain ready to perform their mission at all times," he said.
The FoS presented in Northrop Grumman's display includes seven major elements:
- Information, surveillance and reconnaissance: Airborne, surface and spaceborne platforms that use sensors to collect and disseminate data.
- Communications: Line-of-sight or beyond-line-of-sight systems that enable information sharing across the battlespace.
- Battle management command and control: Systems that convert raw data to knowledge and use that knowledge to direct battlefield activities.
- Electronic attack and cyber: Systems that produce desired effects through electronic means (jamming, etc.).
- Long-range strike: Weapon systems that include conventional stand-off bombers and stealthier, longer-range bombers that can penetrate deeply into enemy territory and deliver large amounts of precision weapons.
- Weapons: Long-range weapons that extend the effective range of delivery platforms, thereby protecting them against lethal defensive threats.
- Air power practitioner:Coordinates and helps synchronize the operations of the other six FoS components.
Operating alone or in concert, FoS elements can be used to conduct missions that protect U.S. forces, project power against an enemy or meet national security requirements.
"Northrop Grumman has prime contractor roles in all aspects of the family of systems, and the logistics that support it," said Meyer. "From platforms and sensors to proven command and control technologies to unmatched systems engineering skills, we're ready to help the Air Force develop, deploy, sustain and modernize affordable systems that will keep our nation secure."Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company that provides innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber security, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
CONTACT: Brooks McKinney, APR 310-331-6610 (office) 310-864-3785 (mobile) firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV