Permian Basin Results Lead Fourth-Quarter Operating Highlights
- Permian Basin oil production increased 31 percent over the fourth quarter of 2011. Oil accounted for 60 percent of the company’s 66,000 Boe per day produced in the Permian Basin during the quarter.
- In the Bone Spring play in the Permian Basin, the company brought 10 new wells on production in the fourth quarter of 2012. Initial 30-day production from these wells averaged 790 Boe per day.
- Also in the Permian Basin, Devon completed six wells in the Midland-Wolfcamp Shale during the fourth quarter. This activity was highlighted by the Cortes 1H well with initial 30-day production averaging 795 Boe per day.
- In the Mississippian Lime play in Oklahoma, the company brought seven wells online within its Sinopec joint venture acreage in the fourth quarter of 2012. Initial 30-day production from these wells averaged approximately 335 Boe per day, including 210 barrels of oil per day. Devon has a 57 percent working interest in these wells.
- Net production from Devon’s Jackfish 1 and Jackfish 2 oil sands projects averaged a record 49,000 barrels of oil per day in the fourth quarter of 2012. Compared to the fourth quarter of 2011, this represents a 15 percent increase in production.
- Construction of Devon’s third Jackfish oil sands project is now approximately 50 percent complete, with startup expected by year-end 2014.
- The company brought seven operated Granite Wash wells online, including three Hogshooter wells, in the fourth quarter of 2012. The average 30-day production rate from these seven wells was 1,625 Boe per day, including 1,010 barrels of oil per day.
- In the Cana-Woodford Shale play, Devon established production from 29 operated wells in the fourth quarter. The average 30-day initial production rate was 6.5 million cubic feet of gas equivalent per day, including 135 barrels of oil per day and 420 barrels of natural gas liquids per day.
- Fourth quarter production from the company’s Cana-Woodford Shale averaged 326 million cubic feet of natural gas equivalent per day. Fourth-quarter liquids production increased 68 percent compared to the prior-year quarter to 18,000 barrels per day. Liquids now account for 32 percent of Devon’s net production from the play.
- Net daily production in the Barnett Shale averaged 1.4 billion cubic feet of natural gas equivalent per day during the fourth quarter of 2012. Liquids production increased 3 percent year-over-year to 48,000 barrels per day.
Proved Oil Reserves Exhibit Robust Growth
At December 31, 2012, Devon’s estimated proved reserves totaled 3.0 billion oil-equivalent barrels. During the year, oil reserves increased 13 percent compared to 2011, mitigating declines in natural gas reserves.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV