That's the Apple mystique. It's part of the Apple culture we feared we would lose when Steve Jobs died. And it's a critical element -- one of the elements -- of Apple's success.
I'm concerned because it seems most people don't share my worries regarding image. If it ends up that Tim Cook and Apple management have become less obsessed with image, I could quickly move from concerned to alarmed.
At day's end, Apple must distance itself from mediocrity, not strengthen associations with it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV