February 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Infosys today announced the launch of
BigDataEdge to radically simplify the complex task of analyzing Big Data to discover relevant information. By empowering business users to rapidly develop insights from vast amounts of structured and unstructured data, better business decisions can be made in near real-time. With Infosys BigDataEdge, enterprises can reduce the time taken to extract information by up to 40 percent and generate insights up to eight times faster.
Infosys BigDataEdge includes:
Announcing the new platform, Vishnu Bhat, Vice President and Global Head
- A rich visual interface with more than 50 customizable dashboards and 250 built-in algorithms. These algorithms, a set of reusable business rules both function and industry-specific, enable business teams to self-serve the process of building insights while minimizing the need for technical intervention
- Over 50 data source connectors, which allow easy access to structured and unstructured data residing across enterprise and external sources. This would enable acceleration of discovery of relevant information from existing, underutilized data
- A powerful collaboration wall and pre-built workflows that allow teams across functions to interact on insights and collectively implement decisions
- A Logical Data Warehouse providing a virtual data management architecture, eliminates the need for physical availability of data to build and test insights
- 'Out-of-the-box' applications for specific industry needs such as fraud detection and prevention, predictive analytics and monitoring, and customer micro-segmentation that deliver faster returns on investment
, "Enterprises today cannot afford to spend an inordinate amount of time making sense of the data deluge that surrounds them. Infosys BigDataEdge draws upon our deep research and development capabilities and proven expertise in Big Data and analytics to help clients turn data into revenues faster. This unique platform is already enabling ten global organizations to develop actionable insights in a matter of days and act on them from day one."
Cetin Ozbutun, Vice President, Data Warehousing and Big Data Technologies, Oracle
said: "Big Data can provide our customers with superior agility and insight to make better business decisions. Infosys has demonstrated the ability to deliver needed skills for Oracle's Big Data solutions, as well as for Oracle
's industry leading data warehousing and analytics platforms. The Infosys BigDataEdge platform leverages Oracle
Big Data Appliance and Oracle
Exadata Database Machine to help our clients acquire, organize, analyze, and take action on these insights and produce a faster return on their Big Data investments."
Tim Stevens, Vice President, Corporate and Business Development at Cloudera
"In this era of Big Data, organizations are demanding that actionable insights be both timely and cost-effective if they are to provide real competitive advantage. The Infosys BigDataEdge solution fully utilizes Cloudera's industry leading technologies to enable enterprises to process their structured and unstructured data assets and gain real-time actionable insights with ease."
Mark Beyer, Research Vice President, Gartner
, "The Logical Data Warehouse is a new data management architecture for analytics which combines the strengths of traditional repository warehouses with alternative data management and access strategy.
Logical Data Warehouse is the answer to address the Big Data needs and enterprises should choose Big Data platforms that embrace this approach.
Wang, Principal Analyst and CEO, Constellation Research, Inc.
, "As organizations shift from real-time to right time, organizations seek relevant insight in order to make business decisions. Big Data must be relevant and contextual in order to deliver business value. Constellation sees the rise of Big Data hubs as one of many key solutions in reducing the complexity and improving context."
Gartner, Hype Cycle for Information Infrastructure, 2012
, Mark A. Beyer, Roxane Edjlali, 21 June 2012
Gartner, Understanding the Logical Data Warehouse: The Emerging Practice, Mike Blechar, 31 July 2012
- Click to download the BigDataEdge infographic
- Click to download the BigDataEdge brochure
- Click here for the Infosys BigDataEdge video
- Read the Infosys Big Data blog here
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts