bebe stores, inc. today announced its appointment of Brigitte Bogart as Executive Vice President of Design and Product Development, effective immediately. Rejoining bebe in a newly created role, Ms. Bogart will lead the design team for the brand. She reports to Steve Birkhold, bebe’s recently appointed CEO.
Brigitte Bogart, bebe stores, inc. New EVP of Design and Product Development (Photo: Business Wire)
Ms. Bogart is a highly respected and successful creative design executive with over two decades of ready-to-wear and product development experience with multiple fashion brands. Most recently, she was founder of LHM Design, Inc. where women’s apparel that she designed was sold in high-end contemporary retailers. Ms. Bogart has also held senior design positions at Arden B (a division of The Wet Seal) and Laundry by Shelli Segal.
Ms. Bogart was one of the first designers recruited to bebe when the brand opened its first design studio in Los Angeles, CA, in 2001. As Senior Design Director from 2001 to 2009, she forecasted trends and designed clothing that resonated deeply with customers generating some of bebe's top-selling items.
“We are delighted to welcome Brigitte back to the company in the newly created and more senior position,” said Mr. Birkhold. “Brigitte has unique insight into the fashion sense of the bebe woman, plus an exceptional ability to identify and interpret trends. She is a proven design and product development leader, and she will be very influential with our heightened focus on innovation.”“I feel truly fortunate to be re-joining bebe, a brand for which I have an enormous affinity and passion,” said Ms. Bogart. “My strength has always been in understanding the customer and being able to deliver the right product. This is an exciting opportunity to create and execute a long-term vision for bebe. I look forward to collaborating with Steve as we strive to extend bebe’s fashion influence.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV