SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) introduced today an innovative new solution that reduces downtime for machines and job crews using Trimble ® Connected Site ® solutions. Trimble Remote Assistant provides real-time technical support to field crew personnel or earthworks machine operators, without the time and cost of waiting for a technician to drive to the construction site. As a key feature of the Trimble Connected Site for construction, Remote Assistant offers significant benefits to both workers on the job site and support personnel in the main office. Less downtime waiting for a resolution can mean better site productivity, less fuel waste and a better bottom line.
"With Remote Assistant, we are making it easier to resolve problems that may arise on the job site," said Roz Buick, vice president of Trimble's Heavy Civil Construction Division. "Supervisors can train inexperienced workers remotely and deploy new personnel to the field with confidence that they will have technical support. When a worker has a question about a design file, work order or machine configuration, it can trigger a costly chain reaction of work stoppage, delay and even rework. Now the operator or job crew can communicate in real time with their head office or SITECH Technology Dealer to resolve issues and keep working."
Remote Assistant for the Connected Machine
Machine operators using a Trimble CB450 or CB460 Control Box with Trimble GCS900 Grade Control System version 12.4 can resolve everyday issues such as design file versioning and machine configuration for grade control without ever leaving the cab or taking the machine out of production. Support personnel can take control of the machine's in-cab display, identify the design file version, view sensor configurations and access diagnostics to troubleshoot problems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV