NORTHBROOK, Ill., Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Allstate Corporation (NYSE:ALL) announced today that it will provide $5 million in funding over five years to support Chicago's efforts to reduce violent crime and improve the safety and vitality of neighborhoods throughout the city.
"The level of violence in our city is simply unacceptable and we need to come together to take a stand and improve our neighborhoods," said Thomas J. Wilson, chairman, president and chief executive officer. "Safety is a basic right that all children should enjoy. This is an opportunity for businesses, nonprofits, foundations and individuals to make a difference and save lives. We know other corporations, foundations and individuals also want to support these efforts and we will create a way for them to join us. United together, we will make Chicago safer and more vibrant, so our children will prosper and build a brighter future for all of us."
The city's new initiative and private sector coalition builds on the work of the Community Anti-violence and Restoration Effort (CARE) and other city anti-violence initiatives to:
- Identify proven programs to prevent violence and expand them rapidly;
- Support community-based efforts to sustain these programs and other programs;
- Monitor program performance and the ability of organizations to implement them effectively; and
- Enable all stakeholders in Chicago to get involved, both as donors and volunteers.
"This effort will rely on local ownership and empowerment so that residents and local leaders will determine the best solutions for their own neighborhoods," Wilson said. "Allstate's commitment reflects our long-time legacy of promoting safety, protecting people and addressing urgent needs in the communities we serve across the country."The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives, as well as via www.allstate.com, www.allstate.com/financial and 1-800 Allstate ®, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate ®." As part of Allstate's commitment to strengthen local communities, The Allstate Foundation, Allstate employees, agency owners and the corporation provided $29 million in 2012 to thousands of nonprofit organizations and important causes across the United States. SOURCE Allstate Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV