Seacor Holdings Inc Stock Downgraded (CKH)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 322.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.82 million to $16.10 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 57.19% to $54.64 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 18.65%.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.55, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that CKH's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.62 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, SEACOR HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CKH's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 25.35%, excluding dividends & spin-offs, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, CKH is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts