Royal Dutch Shell plc is currently exploring together with the Depository how ADS holders might reclaim SDRT amounts deducted on previous issues under the Scrip Dividend Programme. Details will be made available as soon as possible on the dividend section of the Royal Dutch Shell plc website: http://www.shell.com/dividend.
Scrip dividend programme
RDS provides shareholders with a choice to receive dividends in cash or in shares via a Scrip Dividend Programme.
Under the Programme shareholders can increase their shareholding in RDS by choosing to receive new shares instead of cash dividends if declared by RDS. Only new A Shares will be issued under the Programme, including to shareholders who currently hold B Shares.Joining the Programme may offer a tax advantage in some countries compared with receiving cash dividends. In particular, dividends paid out as shares will not be subject to Dutch dividend withholding tax (currently 15 per cent) and will not generally be taxed on receipt by a UK shareholder or a Dutch corporate shareholder. Shareholders who elect to join the Programme will increase the number of shares held in RDS without having to buy existing shares in the market, thereby avoiding associated dealing costs. Shareholders who do not join the Programme will continue to receive in cash any dividends declared by RDS. Shareholders who held only B shares and joined the Scrip Dividend Programme are reminded they will need to make a Scrip Dividend Election in respect of their new A shares if they wish to join the Programme in respect of such new shares. However, this is only necessary if the shareholder has not previously made a Scrip Dividend Election in respect of any new A shares issued. For further information on the Programme, including how to join if you are eligible, please refer to the appropriate publication available on http://www.shell.com/scrip. Contacts:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV