NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), a wholly owned subsidiary of NTT Group ( NYSE: NTT), today announced the global availability of the NTT Communications Enterprise Cloud, its virtualized Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering, with the availability of data centers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Asia Pacific. NTT Com launched its groundbreaking Software-Defined Networking (SDN)-based Enterprise Cloud via data centers in Japan and Hong Kong in June 2012. The addition of data centers in Singapore, Virginia and California in the US, and England makes the Enterprise Cloud available on a global basis. NTT Com anticipates opening three more data centers in Australia, Malaysia and Thailand in March 2013, to further enhance global coverage.
Since launching Enterprise Cloud last year, NTT Com has gained clients and seen strong interest from global enterprises who view Enterprise Cloud as a flexible extension of their own data centers, enabling them to connect existing private networks to the cloud and gain additional cost-optimized and secure compute capacity. As a global provider with multiple data center locations, NTT Com is able to offer clients cloud-based services where they need them most, while enhancing self-management and maintaining single, minimal-resource contracts with single-support contact.
“NTT Com understands the enterprise client, their struggles, goals and needs,” said Mr. Motoo Tanaka, Senior Vice President of Cloud Services at NTT Com. “Being truly enterprise class is what makes NTT Com the leading partner of choice for client cloud transformation through comprehensive cloud lifecycle services, and is what has led us to develop this real-world cloud, built on a foundation of advisory, migration, operational and management services.” To illustrate the benefits, Mr. Tanaka spoke about four clients already using the Enterprise Cloud platform:
- One manufacturer realized dramatic results after integrating systems to the cloud that had become scattered as a result of rapid globalization: From 1700 servers to 500 servers and 500 virtual machines; from 200 locations with an on-premise system to 50; and from 20 network carriers to 1.
- A global retailer looking to support rapid business growth due to mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and geographic expansion moved from separate procurement of servers and data centers to a single information and communications technology (ICT) platform using 50% fewer network carriers, with integrated management and uniform services for newly launched stores throughout the world.
- A large media company seeking to strengthen business continuity planning (BCP) and business efficiency was able to reduce its overconcentration of data centers in one metropolis and total cost of ownership (TCO) for ICT systems by migrating from a system with 500 servers to an integrated platform using cloud hosting and 90 servers.
- Another retailer growing rapidly due to M&A needed to reduce IT costs and sought to benefit from centralized operations; it did so by exchanging its ICT assets (including 500 servers) for cloud hosting, reducing its data centers from five to one and realizing system optimization through an integrated customer portal.
- A second manufacturer aiming to outsource its ICT assets, achieve greater ICT resource flexibility and reduce its CO 2 footprint transitioned from an overall system of 1500 virtual and physical servers scattered among multiple data centers to an entirely cloud-based platform.
“NTT Communications’ Enterprise Cloud is a full-layer, self-manageable virtual private cloud that is now global, and growing to incorporate virtualized networks in eight countries and nine locations by March 2013,” said Mr. Tanaka.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV